The details for the 2013 Fair will be updated as they are confirmed.
The Fair is held on Memorial Day Weekend in Kerrville, Texas. You can find general information about the Fair and details about the 2012 Fair by clicking the links under “Arts & Crafts Fair” above.
2013 Dates and Hours
Friday May 24, 2013: 5pm-9pm
Saturday May 25, 2013: 9am-5pm
Sunday May 26, 2013: 9am-5pm
If you need additional details, please use the contact link above to send us an email.
The application deadline for the 2013 Official Texas State Arts & Crafts Fair is approaching very quickly!
We look forward to seeing all of the new artists as well as our returning favorites!
The Texas State Arts & Crafts Fair awards ribbons and prizes annually to both professional artists and Emerging Student Artist Scholarship participants. We are proud to have all of our amazing artists as participants and think they are all winners!
Be sure to come out this weekend to support them all! Details HERE.
2012 Professional Artist Awards
Best in Show: David Busch, Painting
First Place: Elly Fleegal
First Place: Carlos Moseley
First Place: Brent Freed
Second Place: Jim Keller
2012 Emerging Texas Artist Scholarship Winners
Underwritten by James Avery
2012 Emerging Texas Artist: Weasun Song, University of North Texas, Ceramics
Runner-Up Emerging Texas Artist: Lynette Atchley, University of Texas at San Antonio, Ceramics
Special Mention: Lacy Weyler, Austin Community College, Jewelry
Special Mention: Cody Clinton, University of North Texas, Ceramics
Special Mention: Meredith Richey, Baylor University, Painting
Special Mention: Holly Siggelow, University of North Texas, Ceramics
Special Mention: Sirandyn Wayne, Austin Community College, Jewelry
Special Mention: Mitchell Miranda, Baylor University, Sculpture
Friday May 25 6PM-10PM
Saturday May 26 9AM-6PM
Sunday May 27 9AM-6PM
Tickets can be purchased at the gate. They are $5/day. Children 12 and under are $1 and infants are free of charge.
The Fair is located at 4000 Riverside Dr. East in Kerrville, Texas. You can contact the Fair office at 830-896-5711.
Parking is located at the Hill Country Youth Exhibit Center (Ag Barn) OR Flat Rock park/Riverside Drive.
View Larger Map
Are you excited about spending Memorial Day Weekend at the Texas State Arts & Crafts Fair? We have plenty of exciting changes ahead.
- Daily Fair admission is just $5 and kids under 12 are $1!
- We’ve replaced the Wine & Beer Tasting with a fantastic evening: the Fair will open on Friday May 25th at 6:00 pm and you’ll have the opportunity to shop, eat, drink at the bar, and listen to some great live music from the Melissa Ludwig Band and Emory Quinn!
- The Fair dates are Friday May 25 from 6-10, Saturday May 26 from 9-6, and Sunday May 27 from 9-6.
- Tickets are available at the gate.
- Have you been looking for amazing demonstrations? We’ve got you covered! Demonstrations will be scattered throughout the park–you’ll even be able to get your own hands dirty in some cases!
- 125 of Texas’ finest artists in a variety of categories will be spread through the River Star Arts & Event Park. Start at the East entrance or the West; it doesn’t matter! You’ll find incredible work on all ends and shuttles will be available to help you move around the 7 acres.
- The Young Texas Artist K-12 Art Competition pieces will be on prominent display at the East entrance. Support Texas’ K-12 students and spend some time browsing their efforts.
- The Emerging Texas Artist Scholarship Program, for Texas college students, will have its own tent. James Avery has generously underwritten this scholarship program and given hundreds of Texas college students the opportunity to pursue their artistic endeavors. You’ll be certain to find some amazing, creative pieces in this tent!
- As always, parking is free at the Hill Country Youth Exhibit Center or Flat Rock Park. The Boy Scouts are on hand to direct you to parking and tips are definitely appreciated!
The advertising brochure has been posted here and the artist list will be updated shortly.
It’s just $5 to get in and you can bring in our ad from this week’s Hill Country Community Journal to get $1 off! This is a family-friendly environment and kids under 12 are free with an adult. Gates open at 4:30 and music starts at 5:00.
Beer, wine, sodas, and water will be available for purchase, as well as burgers and hotdogs grilled to order by TACEF’s own staff! This is a bring your own seating event and no outside coolers, beverages, or pets allowed.
We can’t wait to see you out at the River Star Arts & Event Park this weekend!
When planning your events, please remember River Star Arts & Event Park!! Even though it is hot outside, our Pavilion has ceiling fans and a misting system to cool you down. We have seating for up to 300, a stage and plenty of electricity and I can’t forget to mention our big, clean, air-conditioned bathrooms. What a… beautiful venue for any event! Check out rental details at www.theartoftexas.com or call us at 830-896-5711.
Winners of the Emerging Texas Artist Scholarship Program underwritten by James Avery Craftsman!! Jessica Battes – UTSA,
Jennifer Modesett – ACC, Henry Bloomer – UNT, Mick Burson – MCC, Andrea Duarte – Baylor, Martin Kruk – UNT, Ayanna Spears – ACC,
Marybeth Sudan – Baylor. CONGRATULATIONS!! (Names not in order of photo).
Tickets to the Arts & Crafts Fair can no longer be purchased online. You may purchase tickets at the gate.
Tickets to the Wine & Beer Tasting can be purchased by calling the TACEF offices at (830) 896-5711.
Texas Star Talent contestants will receive one complimentary Fair ticket to be picked up at will call at the entrance near the exhibit hall (Ag Barn).
A map to the grounds of the Texas State Arts & Crafts Fair can be found here.
This artist, new to the Fair, brings a new look. His name is Robert (Dan) McBain, a Painter.
Come and check out all his work at the Fair this weekend.